The conversation window is the cornerstone of the discussion panel. It gathers all the exchanged messages between you and the online shopper as well as some helpful features (send an offer, display the website the online shopper is currently browsing or forward the conversation).
(1) you can minimize or close the conversation window. You may want to minimize the box to see the page the customer is currently on.
(2) The main part of the chat box displays the history of your conversation with the online shopper (called "visitor")
Additionally, it also displays the message the visitor is currently typing so that you can prepare your answer or search a link before they send their message.
This feature allows you to preview the visitor's questions and buys you time to prepare an accurate answer.
(3) The icon opens the menu of actions that could help you with the conversations. Each possibility will be explained below:
(4) Type your message in the text field at the bottom of the box and press enter to send it. On his side, the visitor is not able to see what you are typing.
The action toolbox
(1) You can send an offer to the visitor. An offer includes an add, a photo and a link that appears in the visitor's chat box.
(2) Clicking on this option leads you directly to the website the visitor is on. The website is displayed in a new tab.
Warning: if you open the website in a new tab you will no longer see the details of the customer you are chatting with. For example, products that have been placed in his basket disappear on your version of the website.
(3) You don't know the answer to a question? Don't worry, you can transfer the message to a professional employee of the customer service by clicking on "Forward this visitor".
Note : This is only available if an agent is online