As an expert, you spend quite some time chatting with visitors, here you will find some of the best practices you can follow when having conversations with visitors.
Reactivity & patience
- Promptly send the first message to your visitor. We recommend you do so within 30 seconds.
- Then, answer their questions in a timely manner: under 50 seconds.
- If you need time to find the answer, just let the visitor know you are looking it up. ("Please hold on, I'm looking for your answer".
Professionalism & courtesy
- Say "Hello", "Thank you" and "Bye" the way you would in real life. It'll be much appreciated. (You are representing a brand after all!)
- Beware of spelling and grammar mistakes, they don't look good.
- Ask the visitor if they have any other questions ("Do you have any other questions?")
- If they stop answering, wait for 1 minute before you ask them again, and then another minute before you close the conversation.
- Tag the conversation for the record!
- To stop receiving new chats, switch your status to OFF to become unavailable.